NG Embryo aims to create an educational repository of developmental biology models that is:
- Accessible to researchers, teachers and students
- Searchable via annotated images rather than keywords and free text
- Able to map results onto 3D models of developing embryos
- Updated and enhanced with materials from researchers and lecturers throughout the world
- Free and available online
Students will be able to query an anatomical component, for example the forebrain, and then navigate a 3D model of the embryo to zoom in on a specific area in the forebrain to find information on that area that has been deposited.
A version of the software is now live and can be found here http://aberlour.hgu.mrc.ac.uk/ngembryo/